WALKING HORSE TRAINERS ASSOCIATION / GLENN C. DOWELL FAMILY SCHOLORSHIP
DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2023
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. An applicant must be a high school graduate and not over 21 years of age.
2. An official sealed transcript must be attached to application.
3. Applicant must submit a recent photo.
4. Applicant may re-apply if not selected.
5. These scholarships are for use at a college or university.
6. An essay must be submitted detailing, but not limited to, the applicant’s involvement
in the Walking Horse industry.
7. Applicant must be a child of a member or employee of W.H.T.A.
8. Applicant may only win this scholarship one year.
9. Amount of Scholarships shall be announced – To be paid to applicant’s school of
10. Board of Directors of W.H.T.A. shall have final approval.
This application will be professionally evaluated. The criteria for evaluation will be as follows – scored on a scale of 1 to 5:
1. Academic Achievement: Rank in class, ACT or SAT scores, Grade Point
Average, Academic awards or organizations.
2. Extracurricular Achievements: Activities involved in and awards.
3. Citizenship Achievements: Leadership positions (elected or appointed),
Community or church involvements.
4. Contributions to the Walking Horse Industry past and present.
5. Financial need: Not a determining factor but a consideration.
For further W.H.T.A. Scholarship information, contact:
P. O. Box 61, Shelbyville, TN 37162
(931) 684-5866 or Fax: (931) 684-5895