Membership Application

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must hold a trainer’s license if you are not eligible to hold an amateur or juvenile card. **A COLOR copy of your driver’s license or a COLOR picture ID (NO BLACK/WHITE photos please) needs to accompany application (Renewals included).

Categories of License – Membership

Halter License – A person that shows at halter any horse for which he/she accepts remuneration for training weanlings and/or yearlings for a person outside of his/her immediate family. NOTE: A halter license holder may also show amateur in riding class.

A rating – Must receive less than 50% of income from training Tennessee Walking Horses.

AA rating – Must receive at least 50% or more of income from training Tennessee Walking Horses.

AAA rating – Must receive 100% of income from training Tennessee Walking Horses.

Associate rating – Must NOT receive any income from training Tennessee Walking Horses.

NOTE: The AAA license holder is the ONLY voting license holder. He has voting rights to all elections, provided dues are paid by March 15.

FEES: Initial fee is $250 with application and photo. Renewal by March 15th for $100, after March 15, $250 and a new application (renewals included) required.

ALL LICENSE/MEMBERSHIP holders are eligible to attend membership meetings.

Choose ONLY one Category
Application Type
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Physical Address
Mailing Address
Are you Self Employed?
Are You Actively Engaged in Training Horses Now?
What Percent of Your Income Do You Receive from Training Horses?
REFERENCES REQUIRED: For AAA Licensing - References Must Be Members of the WHTA. A and AA - May Be Anyone for References Except Family Members.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.